Health, Safety and Environment
Claystone Waste recognizes the value of its employees and is therefore committed to the provision of safe and healthy working conditions to contribute to the health, safety and general well being of each employee, contractor and visitor.
Claystone Waste is committed to maintaining a healthy and safe environment that protects our workers, others who enter onto our property (i.e. contractors) and the general public. The employer, supervisors and workers at all levels are responsible and accountable for Claystone’s health and safety performance. Health and safety excellence includes the promotion and maintenance of the highest degree of physical, psychological, and social well-being of all employees. Our goal is a healthy, injury-free workplace for all workers. By working together we can achieve this goal.
Our 2022 Health, Safety and Environment Manual was developed with input from front-line employees, our Claystone Safety Committee and representatives from all departments.
Health and Safety Commitment
Claystone Waste is committed to establishing and maintaining an incident and injury free work environment. Our program is based on the philosophy that Health and Safety excellence is a value expected of the organization, its management and employees. By supporting and implementing this program with diligence, Claystone Waste can create an environment in which injuries and property loss can be prevented.
Claystone Waste’s mission is to prevent injuries and property damage in all work execution and operations. This will be achieved by creating a work atmosphere in which Health and Safety is the first and foremost consideration, and in which all actions are based on safety. This objective will be achieved by:
- promoting a work environment based on employee involvement, teamwork, education, training and commitment;
- reinforcing the need for team members to actively care about the well-being of their co-employees;
- promoting the philosophy that safety is not a priority that can be reordered but a value associated with every priority;
- recognizing group and individual achievement and treating everyone with dignity and respect, and
- ensuring all regulatory requirements are met in all work execution and operations, specifically the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code
Claystone Waste is responsible through the Chief Executive Officer and Health and Safety Coordinator for ensuring the health and safety of employees by actively encouraging the participation of all employees in the health and safety program. Also, Claystone Waste will ensure that employees are aware of their responsibilities and duties under the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code.
Employees are responsible for protection of the health and safety of themselves and their fellow employees by following all policies, procedures, working safely and improving health and safety measures where possible.
Claystone Waste’s operations may have local, regional and global environmental impacts. Our organization is committed to identifying, evaluating and mitigating these impacts. Claystone Waste will meet this commitment by providing resources and taking the appropriate measures to ensure our operations does not adversely affect the environment and the general public.
Claystone Waste is committed to the following principles and responsibilities:
- Senior management commitment to continual improvement of the environmental management system, including the mitigation of pollution, by setting appropriate organization targets, establishing relevant documented performance with respect to these targets;
- Meeting or exceeding all legislative requirements and environmental regulations by establishing appropriate programs and conducting audits of its ongoing environmental programs;
- commitment to providing the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives, by conducting, at a minimum, an annual review;
- Compliance with environmental policies and procedures is the responsibility of every employee and contractor, and is a condition of employment.