Covid-19 Pandemic Response
OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS
COVID-19 Update – Current as of June 28, 2021
Claystone Waste will be maintaining Covid-19 protocols past the July 1st lifting of provincial health measures. Procedures will be reviewed and updated as Alberta’s re-opening progresses.
At Claystone Waste, we believe that the health and safety of our customers, staff and community is our top priority. We have implemented a number of specific measures and processes on our sites due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This allows us to continue to provide you with safe and reliable waste disposal.
Our first priority is the health and safety of everyone on our sites.
We have implemented a number of measures at our facilities:
- Visitors, contractors and offsite staff must complete a COVID Information form before visiting any Claystone Waste site. Leave a message with our answering service at 780-663-2038 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a form.
- All visitors, contractors and non-staff traffic to our site, whether or not they are bringing in waste, are required to sign in at designated areas. Visitors, Contractors must make arrangements prior, if deemed necessary to meet with Claystone Waste employees. With respect to vendors making deliveries to the site, we may limit access during operating times, based on staff levels. Please check with the Claystone Waste staff managing the order or project.
- Masks are mandatory indoors with some exceptions – if alone in office spaces or vehicle masks may be removed. It is important to keep masks nearby in the event that someone enters.
- Our Administration offices are closed to the public.
- Staff in positions that do not require their physical presence on-site have been working from home. Workers who are required on-site are on rotating shifts.
- Staff have been trained and practice proper disinfectant techniques, which include washing of hands and disinfecting frequently used items and surfaces, such as two-way radios and doorknobs.
- Boot cleaning processes have been implemented at our landfill and transfer stations.
- Physical distancing is practiced by our staff as per Alberta Health Services’ recommendation. We ask that you please respect our staff by giving them the required 2 metre space.
- Use of the smoke shacks require 2 metre distancing.
- All staff have been advised to stay home if they feel unwell. We ask that you do the same. If you are displaying flu-like symptoms, please do not come to our facility as you will be turned away.
- Out of province travel for Claystone Waste operations and training has been cancelled.
- A Plexiglas shield and intercom system has been installed at our Scale House to reduce contact, yet allow communication between our staff and customers.
- Cash is no longer accepted at any of our sites. Debit or credit cards are acceptable.
- Onsite staff continue to follow our safety protocols for waste acceptance.